Barangay San Jose in General Santos City Escapade

Barangay San Jose then known as “snalu-Elib”, was already existing long before the introduction of Islam by Sheike Kabunsuan in the Island of Sarangani in the 15th century. Snalu-elib means a place in front of a cave, which was then the center of gathering and seat of government of B’laans and other ethnic groups. Well, here it goes.. our journey to Barangay San Jose, General Santos City, It was a bright Tuesday morning..the sun was rising above the horizon, flashing a brilliant spark yellow in the blue sky. There was no sign of bad weather, a perfect day for a thrilling expedition. #lol it had been almost three hours hike. (tired) it was very challenging, but hard work pays off! (hihi), hot springs, beautiful waterfall, Caves, mountains covered with trees, the view was amazing and spectacular, the people (B’laans/ethnic groups) was so friendly!(oh yeah, tinud.anay gyud na) And while I may not have mastered map and compass, or retained much from the outdoors lessons, I’d learned something else. I’d discovered a drive, determination, and reserve of energy I hadn’t known I had. But I’m not so foolish as to rely on these hidden capabilities the next time. (HAHAHA)
merjaneociermelgar
BARANGAY SAN JOSE ESCAPADE
Address: Barangay San Jose in General Santos City
Batang Latagaw's Travelogue: I LOVE PHILIPPINES, I LOVE MINDANAO, I LOVE SOUTH COTABATO, I LOVE POLOMOLOK
July 29, 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment